I finally have snippets of time to gather my thoughts, write articles and finish a few drafted posts which have been cooking for a while. Hopefully something I write will inspire, help or amuse someone!
Some of the things I'm thinking about:
• Collating my jumbled records and plans for our upcoming Home Ed registration interview. I'm sorting out my ideas and paperwork on everything to do with it ... why, how, what etc. Loving the choices and freedom I have, and enjoying getting organised, but nervous about getting it right (note to self: there is no RIGHT!) My biggest battle is to keep it simple instead of doing mountains of unnecessary work!
• Health, mostly mine, which is mostly fine. I've finally seen a doctor after putting it off for ages. I had an ECG which was clear, as expected. There is something odd about my heart which showed up, but it's not dangerous or the cause of recent chest pain. A personal issue was discussed, but it's not life threatening and having read about the tests, treatments and undesirable side effects, we are committing it solely to prayer. And I'm considering doing a simplified elimination diet. I know I'm dairy intolerant, but cutting that and other known irritants from my diet hasn't fixed everything. On the up side, I'm glad my problems now are only physical, and also pretty minor compared to many people.
• Stuff. School stuff, clothing, linen, books, mending, hobbies, digital photos. I do pretty well at keeping down the clutter, but it's a battle. Our belongings need a bit of attention and sorting. Now that I have time I'm industriously sifting, storing and Op Shop bagging.
• Home, study, job and travel choices. We're blessed to have choices at all, and sometimes wonderful possibilities, but it can be hard to decide what to do when, and how the finances will all work out. As always, we simply need to trust in the Lord for provision and direction, and it will all work out for the best.
• Computer time. I've been researching a few things online and my eyes haven't coped well. My seldom-worn glasses are more of a hindrance than a help, so I guess it's time for another eye test. I also worry that I might spend too much time on here, and ought to be productive in other ways. Finding a balance is tricky sometimes. What do you do??
• Personality types. I read another couple of books and confirmed I am an INTJ. Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging. Depending on the book I may be called a Logical Visionary, Scientist, Strategist, Rational Mastermind, Perfectionist. It all sounds pretty fancy and la-di-dah, but really they're all just words and I'm just ME. Out of curiosity I did find an online INTJ discussion group, but as fun as it is to meet like-minded people (we're rare, just 2-3% of the population), it's not high on my list of priorities.
• PLUS cooking for a fussy eater, sewing, home education philosophies, science topics, kids toys, book ideas, keeping warm, mindful parenting, cleaning, art projects, upcoming holidays ...
Whew! That's enough babble from me. It's more of a diary entry I suppose but somehow these thoughts jumped onto a blog page today. Perhaps it'll help you get to know me better!