Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lovely Surprise!

What a lovely surprise to wake up to ... a Beautiful Blogger Award!



Thank you Subadra, for the award, and the lovely comments you wrote about my blog.  I always find something inspiring, useful or amusing to read at your Library of Books, Links and More ... it's an absolute treasure-trove!  I have bookmarked many pages to refer to when my children are ready to explore certain topics, and some pages, such as this one about architecture, have helped with my own life-long education.


------------------------------------------------------






I'll admit I haven't properly participated in blog awards before, being too daunted by the rules.  But I'm more familiar with how to do links etc. now, so am ready to give it a go!

The rules state a recipient of the Beautiful Blogger award must:

1) Add a link and note of thanks to the person giving the award.

2) Pass the award on to the bloggers whose blogs you love (15 tops)
3) Share 7 things about yourself


------------------------------------------------


There are SO many blogs I love reading!  Subadra has already nominated a couple of blogs I would also have chosen ... freeplaylife and Magic and Mayhem.  


It's my pleasure to send Beautiful Blogger Awards to:

Almost Unschoolers  ... always full to overflowing with ideas about science, cooking, craft and everything to do with home ed.  This family with 6 kids looks like a wonderful place to grow children!

Do Whatever He Tells You ... I love reading Tricia's blog about her home school journey and faith.  I especially appreciate Tricia's informative and insightful posts about Autism Spectrum Disorder, including Aspergers and PDD-NOS.  I have several friends whose children have these and other special needs, and am always keen to understand them better, and in doing so, gain ideas about how to cater for the various, unique needs of all children.

Dove's Rest ... Renelle writes from the heart, and shares some funny stories about her children.  Dove's Rest is a great source of inspiration and homeschool tips ... Renelle has great taste in resources, and a lovely way of sharing her family's journey into home ed.

Escape Adulthood ... I came across this blog a few months ago, and just love the way Kim and Jason express their vision for a fun, child-like life!  They're living their dream, encouraging readers to do the same and providing ideas to help us do it.

Left to their own Devices ... Michelle and I live on opposite sides of the world, but the similarities in our children are sometimes uncanny ... it helps to know someone else is facing similar challenges and triumphs.  When I see a new post or comment by M.J., it's like a friend dropping in for a cuppa!

Eclectic Homeschool ... I enjoy reading about the many educational adventures these guys go on ... I especially love their voracious appetite for languages.  Their very skillful Captain (aka Mum) guides them skillfully around this big, amazing world!

------------------------------------------------------------

That seems long enough, but the rules say I have to share 7 things about myself, so I'll try ...

1.  When I was a child I thought my ears were too big and stuck out a mile ... but eventually I grew into them!

2.  As a child I always got in trouble for reading.  In first grade it was because I read the book upside down (it was more interesting that way!)  At home it was because it was dinner time, chore time, bed time or social time.  Now I'm grown up (kind of) ... and I still get in trouble for reading too much.  I'm not addicted though ... I can stop anytime.  In fact I did once stop recreational reading, by my own choice, for a whole year, except for reading the Bible.

3.  I used to go with Dad on long distance trips when he owned a truck.  I loved getting beyond the towns and mountains, out where the road was flat and the only thing on the horizon could be a couple of wheat silos and a single, crooked shed.  One of my loveliest memories is sitting on top of a covered load of grain, in a place like that, just quietly watching the sun set.

4.  I'm such a perfectionist that I even worry about getting my blog wrong!!!!  I know I'm not perfect though, so forgive my imperfect grammar and punctuation, my hybrid of English/ American spelling and superfluous superlatives  ;)

5.  Both sets of my Grandparents moved to Australia (one set from England, the other from Holland) when they were in their 20's.  I love this land surrounded by sea, the shape and size of this continent and especially the colours and contrasts.  I especially love places where the bush meets the sea.  If you want to see some stunning photos, click here.

6.  I've been using Apple Macintosh computers since I finished highschool.  My current iMac has a lovely white monitor surround.  I don't own an iPod, iPad or iPhone.  My mobile phone (which I share with hubby) is a 10 year old Nokia, for which I have the cheapest bills ever!!  Usually under $8 a month.

7.  Seven happens to be my favourite number.  I like it's Biblical meaning (in Bible Numerics, 7 is the number of spiritual perfection, and God's seal).  I also like that 7 is odd and a prime number.  Interestingly, I was baptised by full immersion on the 7.7.00, after receiving the Holy Spirit (with evidence of speaking in tongues for the first time) on 5.7.00 (five is the number of Grace).

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading my blog!!

I won't be offended if award recipients can't follow the Beautiful Blogger rules ... it's nice to "Pay It Forward ", but I think how you do it is up to you!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award, and the nice words! I'm soooo behind in award posts, so it might be a while before I pass it on - but I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you :) That is so sweet!! If we weren't on opposite ends of the planet, a good cuppa would be lovely.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to write a comment?