1. Take one boy who loves to jump and jive, inspired by dance styles like tap and rap.
2. Buy a pair of groovy $10 shoes from Best and Less.
3. Use a hot glue gun to attach plastic coins under each shoe.
4. Put shoes on feet. Watch as child falls over straight away (oops!) Wait patiently until he's ready to try again, holding a bench for stability until he finds his feet.
5. Voila! A tap pup is born!
Mr 5 loves his new tap shoes, and put on a great show this morning! I was surprised how good the sound is, and best of all the floor (timber laminate) won't be scratched (I hope).
Maybe soon I'll find some old movies with tap dancing, suitable for kids.