Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The many faces of me ...

(from journal Jan 2009)

I am a writer, journalist, journal-keeper, list maker ...

I am a teacher, student, researcher, bookworm ...

I am a dreamer, thinker, problem solver, mathematician, puzzler ...

I love painting abstract scenes and dreams on canvas, sketching designs for kid's rooms and cubby houses, inventing new toys, drafting house plans ...

I am a wife, sister, mother, child, friend, neighbour ...

I am an angel waiting in the wings, walking in the Spirit, ready for the invitation to meet my Lord in Heaven ...

I am an obsessive reader, library frequent flyer, bookshop browser, internet trawler ...

I am a swimmer, bike rider, hiker, dancer, climber, driver ...

On any day, I might be dreamy, smart, whimsical, sensible, cautious, imaginative, creative, forgetful ...

I am myself and I am becoming me.  

I'm glad 
to be alive 
today, 
in a place 
where I can choose 
which me to be today, 
and can 
follow my dreams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to write a comment?